1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Help setting up the Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Jemmalb, 16 Oct 2020.

1. Jemmalb

Jemmalb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm trying to replace my old heating system (Danfoss) with the Nest learning thermostat (3rd generation).

I have removed the programmer (FP/CP715-Si) from the wall and it shows the following wires (please see attached image)
    3 x going into live (L)
    3 x going into neutral (N)
    1 x going into DHW ON (3)
    1 x going into HTG ON (4)

I have a combi boiler on the ground floor with a hot water tank on the first floor.

I believe the 3 L and 3 N to go to the L and N on the Nest heat link. The DHW to 6 on the heat link and HTG to 3. However, the 3 L wires and 3 N wires dont fit into the same port.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    join the 3 wires into a terminal strip connector and take a single wire out of the other end to the hive

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jemmalb

Jemmalb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, ive done that and it lights up but it doesn't seem to control the heating

5. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Photo?

6. Jemmalb

Jemmalb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So the first picture is what my heating system looked like before hand and the second shows what has been done to get it to turn on. I've connected the 3 live into a 4 port push in connector and then I've rang a wire from the 4th port into the nest heat link, I've done the same with neutral and then HTG to port 2 (didn't work in port 3) and DHW is in port 5 (didn't work in port 6).

The heat link lights came on and I connected it to the thermostat but no heating. When you turn the manual button on it doesn't turn the heating on at the boiler.

Attached Files:

7. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Move HTG back to 3 and DHW back to 6 - that's where they're supposed to be. You need to put links in between L, 2, & 5

8. Sponsored Links