help stupid girl!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a volkera boiler which was already here when i moved in 5 an half yrs ago although i was told it was quite new then, unfortunately i don't no what type only the make. Now i have the problem with heating and hot water the last 2 days it doesn't come on and im having to open the bottom and turn the 3 bar to get it to light up, and also having to refill the water slightly, now i have looked on Q.A but im a single mum who needs it told to her in easy idiot guide. can anyone help me as im not paying out loads of money which i haven't got if the bloke comes round and tells me its not a manufacturing problem!! :?:

Sponsored Links
"""if the bloke comes round and tells me its not a manufacturing problem!! """

That wording only applies to boilers withing their 12 month warranty period and not to five year old boilers.

I dont really understand what you are trying to explain which is unusual because I am accustomed to talking to Essex Girl to try to get her to dance with me rather than her handbag. I do like the white stillettoes though.

If your boiler is working after you have fiddled with its bottom, can't you keep it going that way?

If not then you may have to try to find a kind boiler engineer to help you. I do have to say that I envisage Essex plumbers as some of the worst rip offs so make sure you understand their charging policy first. I would recommend you look for a no-fix no-fee.

Tony

If you are having to turn something with '3 bar' on it then you are turning the PRV. If this makes the boiler spring to life then it is possible that there is air in the boiler which you are venting through the pressure relief valve (PRV), thus making the boiler work. I recently went to a boiler which had been incorrectly installed which would ONLY work when vented in this way.

Only a possibility though as I said, but I can see no other reason why opening the PRV would bring it on.

Like Mr Agile says, get someone who knows the boiler so you don't get ripped off. Check in Thompson Local, possibly there is a Vokera approved agent in your area.

Sponsored Links
There is a senario where operating the PRV will bring the boiler on !

This will occur if the system flow switch is not quite operating and a flick of the PRV can make it start.

I have to admit one of our engineers did that but he failed to realise the mechanics of what he was doing. I had to go to sort it out!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back