Help! Sunvic 3 Port Valve Actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can put my mind at rest!

I've recently had British Gas out as my 3 port-valve was not operating properly. They removed & cleaned the body of the valve as well as replacing the Danfoss actuator head with a new Sunvic head.

The valve is now operating properly; but i have noticed that when i only have the CH on...after switching it off the actuator head remains very very hot overnight. If I switch HW on just for a short time thsi solves the problem & the head will cool down after the system is shut off.

Is this normal, or could there be a wiring fault? My concern is that i would not expect the head to stay hot when CH & HW are off overnight!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
After switching off the heating the actuator motor remains powered up unless there is a hot water demand...is there plenty of space around the actuator?...AFAIR they should just feel warm.

Thanks for the reply..yes plenty of room around the actuator head for ventliation; just worried that it stays hot even when heating & HW are switched off. But if it's supposed to stay warm i'll stop worrying!

Sponsored Links
Like Gas Guru said, if the CH was the last demand to go off it will stay powered up, holding the spring and valve open until a hot water demand sends it back to rest. So if the CH is the last to go off at night it will stay powered up and warm. Try making the water go off 5 mins after the CH see if that cures it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back