Help swapping alarm keypad case

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Apologies for lots of questions, hoping for some help.
I’m in the process of replastering the hall and I could do with taking the alarm keypad off temporarily leaving just the cable.

The case also has a broken hinge, so I would like to change the keypad case whilst it’s dismantled. I have a new one ready.

Pictures below.

As I’ve taken the front cover off, the tamper was set off as I expected, which was no problem to clear with code.
My questions are about going further.
Seem to be four main connections I’d need to disconnect and a resistor, to release the cable from the keypad circuit board. Any issues to watch for doing this? Does it need power off first? Any recommended order? Assuming red/black is power.
Aware there’s prob a battery backup in the main control though.
Is the alarm likely to go off again but without a keypad connected to cancel it?
Any cables to watch for short circuit risk?

To change the keypad casing looks like I need to ease the circuit board away from the white plastic casing clips, to swap for the new one before putting it all back together.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Power down control panel mains and battery. Disconnect wires from pcb and swap keypad housing. Reconnect wires power back up,only few minutes job ,just let bell ring outside.

Power down control panel mains and battery. Disconnect wires from pcb and swap keypad housing. Reconnect wires power back up,only few minutes job ,just let bell ring outside.
Thanks for the help.
As I’ve got to plaster the wall too as well as swap keypad housing, it would be easier with just the wire left for couple of hours. Don’t relish alarm going for the duration. With the mains off, can the battery be disconnected to stop the bell? Or will this bugger up all the saved zones etc if power is pulled completely?

Sponsored Links
If you total power down then external bell should stop after 20 minutes.
Or ladders out up to bell box to Disconnect sounder.
Leave system off while you plaster then power back up.
System will save programming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back