Plastering wall with alarm control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
A while since I’ve posted on plastering.

I’ve got a wall to skim, which has an alarm control panel on it.
Sockets and stuff are fine, but I’ve not had one of these before.

Disconnecting completely leaving just a wire may be tricky.
How would you approach it?
skim round as is best you can, loosen away from wall, or bite the bullet and disconnect it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Take it off the wall.
I've been to countless jobs where the ceilings have been over boarded and detectors left on wall.When you need to replace the item ,it's twice has hard because you need to make good the plastering,otherwise it will look a dogs bl***'s.
If you do not what to power system down,then take keypad off the wall and leave hanging by its wire without disconnecting it.When you have finished plastering then change the casing,not before.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would never touch that but get it removed prior to skim.
If yours then up to you if you can find engineers code online and remove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Nick long time no see If it's yours i would loosen it enough to get a trowel underneath if its somebody elses i would tell them to do it before skimming or you will skim round it its not worth the hassle if you break it you pay

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Nick long time no see If it's yours i would loosen it enough to get a trowel underneath if its somebody elses i would tell them to do it before skimming or you will skim round it its not worth the hassle if you break it you pay

Hi Steve.
Yes, been a while! Hope all good with you.
Yes, it’s my alarm panel. Not got round to it yet though! Cheers for the advice.