Plastering wall with alarm control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
A while since I’ve posted on plastering.

I’ve got a wall to skim, which has an alarm control panel on it.
Sockets and stuff are fine, but I’ve not had one of these before.

Disconnecting completely leaving just a wire may be tricky.
How would you approach it?
skim round as is best you can, loosen away from wall, or bite the bullet and disconnect it?

Sponsored Links
Take it off the wall.
I've been to countless jobs where the ceilings have been over boarded and detectors left on wall.When you need to replace the item ,it's twice has hard because you need to make good the plastering,otherwise it will look a dogs bl***'s.
If you do not what to power system down,then take keypad off the wall and leave hanging by its wire without disconnecting it.When you have finished plastering then change the casing,not before.

I would never touch that but get it removed prior to skim.
If yours then up to you if you can find engineers code online and remove

Hi Nick long time no see If it's yours i would loosen it enough to get a trowel underneath if its somebody elses i would tell them to do it before skimming or you will skim round it its not worth the hassle if you break it you pay

Sponsored Links
Hi Nick long time no see If it's yours i would loosen it enough to get a trowel underneath if its somebody elses i would tell them to do it before skimming or you will skim round it its not worth the hassle if you break it you pay

Hi Steve.
Yes, been a while! Hope all good with you.
Yes, it’s my alarm panel. Not got round to it yet though! Cheers for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back