HELP!! Theres a bird down the chimney

AdamW said:
King, in such circumstances I usually find a pair of wire cutters comes in handy :LOL: (and to think I used to be a vegetarian :confused: )

cheers Adamw - i thought about that but then realised it would've been a bit pointless fireing up the bbq for one lickle swift - i'm going to wait until i get me hands on the whole family :eek:

Sponsored Links
Adam,using your words:'Sure it wasn't just the remains of a KFC family bucket?'.... You've just put me off kfc for life!!! i dont want to know what you think of macdonalds, not that I ever eat there,...too many horror stories heard

King, i Loved the bit you said: 'i cut out 1/2 sq foot of carpet around the bird..' I can just imagine this bird flying round with carpet attached to both its feet!! I suppose it would have had a nice soft landing each time. Just think of the pulling power that bird had...'comes with fitted carpet''!

By the way how do you do that quote thing iwhich shows in a white box?

lisap said:
By the way how do you do that quote thing iwhich shows in a white box?

very tehcnical that is, click the
icon_quote.gif
button

Breezer you mean b*gger!

The techie bit is cutting out the bits of quote you don't want while leaving the tags intact..

To deal with trapped birds where you can remove the fire, shut all curtains in the room and all doors. Open a window and a crack of curtain so there is light shining into the room, but only at that point. The bird will fly to the light, and hopefully out of the open window without braining itself...

Sponsored Links
you really missed your chance while it was trapped in the chimney!
I'd have climbed up on the roof dropped my pants and sat on top of the chimney and with a smile on my face thought to myself now have some of your own medicine

hey lisap

reckon your getting the hang of it :p

lisap said:
Just think of the pulling power that bird had...'comes with fitted carpet''!

not just any fitted carpet...... but a nice 70s style-E SHAG PILE carpet.

swift 1: facy coming up to my place for a bit of shag pile?
swift 2: only if you swallow.....

i'll get me hat :oops:

My parents had a bat in their living room once... we were all sitting around, then one of us noticed a small dark shape hanging from the curtain pole. Sure enough, a little bat just snoozing away, minding it's own business! Possibly came down the chimney, there had been bats living there before we moved in.

Anyway, left the curtain pole on top of the rotary washing line and it got up and flew back to the roost in its own time (no the cat didn't get it!).

AdamW said:
My parents had a bat in their living room once... we were all sitting around, then one of us noticed a small dark shape hanging from the curtain pole. Sure enough, a little bat just snoozing away, minding it's own business! Possibly came down the chimney, there had been bats living there before we moved in.

Anyway, left the curtain pole on top of the rotary washing line and it got up and flew back to the roost in its own time (no the cat didn't get it!).
And this means the incident has been DRAWN to a close then?

kendor said:

Bat of course, kendor. We feared that on it's own it wouldn't flee da house (a rhyming one for any German speakers out there! :D )

AdamW said:
kendor said:

Bat of course, kendor. We feared that on it's own it wouldn't flee da house (a rhyming one for any German speakers out there! :D )

Don't leave me HANGING, did any more bother you in the NOCTURNAL hours??!! Okay we are all a little bit BATTY!! :eek: I blame the parents!!

lisap said:
AdamW said:
kendor said:

Don't leave me HANGING, did any more bother you in the NOCTURNAL hours??!! Okay we are all a little bit BATTY!! :eek: I blame the parents!!
There's no need to get in a flap abat it

If there was a bat where was Robin!!?? or was Its 'wings like a shield of steel', a Bat I FINK :LOL: (Sorry, am I showing my age!!)

Sponsored Links
Back