Help!!!!!!! tile, vinyl question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moved we inherited a tiles kitchen floor, the tiles are mostly cracked now, we think we have a mixture of concrete and ply under them!!!!! we cannot afford to take them up and re-do the floor at the moment as this would involve removing the kitchen units as well but they look dreadful.
I would like to lay some vinyl as a temporary solution to just make it look better for a year or so but the tile outlines would show through, is there an underlay(not thick) that I could put down to solve this problem then lay the vinyl?????????
please give me some advice as my kitchen is very embarrasing at the moment :(

Sponsored Links
when you say tiles do you mean ceramic tiles? If so you need to uplift or if they are stable you will need to lay a smoothing compound over the top. Or something called jumpax which is a floating system the same as laminate that you install on top of. But for the cost of this system you may be better to just lay a laminate floor to keep costs down.

Yeah ceramic tiles. So I can just lay laminate over the top for now, that would be a fairly cheap solution, thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back