Help to modify Driveway alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a cheap wireless driveway alert/monitor. It's available on Amazaon at around the $20 mark. The problem is, whilst the detection and alerting works just fine, the chime the device emits is just awful. And it keeps on chiming so long as there is movement in front of the sensor. i.e. it's not intelligent enough to wait 30seconds before chiming again.

Is there anyway I could use the components from this device, which otherwise works fairly well, and turn it into something more user friendly?

For example use it to run a normal doorbell? Is there anyone here who would like to help with such a project?

Sponsored Links
Open it up and show us a few pictures of the interior, of the actual circuit board, should be able to see how it works.

Might be a relatively easy project, if you invested in a couple of components, depends how the thing is put together and what it comprises of to be honest !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back