Help to repair paint thats been peeled off the wall by tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decorating the bedroom at the moment and have spent what feels like hours and hours painting/glossing basically making it look really good, id masked up the wall above the skirting to allow me to paint the skirting without getting any gloss on the walls.
To my horror when i peeled off the low tack masking tape not only did the tape come off but also the wall paint where the tape was stuck!!
i've gently sanded the area but the edges of the paint on the wall seem to sit proud as in i could easily peel of bits with my fingers. Is there anything i can do to stop this happening? my thinking is if i can get the paint to stop peeling/sitting proud then the rest should be easy.
i've read else where that use a soft brush to break off any bits sitting proud and then re-sand, so ill try that but any other suggestions would be great.

Sponsored Links
Fine surface filler will do the job. Provided the paint has adhered to the wall well enough in the first place, and all loose flakes are removed, apply thinly and sand flush if necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back