Help TRV questions with new system installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been getting quotes for a new boiler which needs to be relocated and changed from a vented system to a combi. NB My water pressure is 4 bar and gives 15l/min at kitchen tap and also the bathroom which is mains fed also.

I have some unusual controls in this system.

There are three radiators (lounge, hallway and one bedroom) which are covered with standard radiator covers. Each one has a single port motorised valve that is connected to a roomstat (one in each room) to control the valve to turn it on and off when the temperature set on the roomstat is achieved.

In the new system, i wish to remove these motorised valves but keep the radiator covers. I will be getting a wireless roomstat/programmer (boiler likely to be valliant ecotec 831 or worchester bosch Cdi30)

Will normal TRVs will close down and not heat the room if under the covers? Should i cut the covers down and get TRV's installed so they stick out from the cover or is there another option, I have seen TRV's with remote sensors. would they be my best bet?

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to keep the radiator covers? They soak up huge amounts of heat, thus increasing your fuel bills. Remote sensing TRVs are your best bet if you don't want to scrap the covers but note that these will also be more expensive than standard ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back