HELP - undecided planning application preventing me moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The freeholder of the building where I own a ground floor flat submitted plans to convert the basement into a new flat in February this year.

I objected to the plans as they included a door and window into our private garden, but over 6 months later they still show up as pending a decision.

I have spoken to planning and they say that the submitted plans are not acceptable, and are waiting for the applicant to revise their plans.

Is there any time limit when the Council must either approve or refuse permission, or can the planning application sit their indefinitely?

We are thinking of moving, and the undecided planning application will clearly put off any potential buyers.

Sponsored Links
There is normally an 8- or 13 week time limit for councils to deal with planning applications.
After this period, applicants can appeal if no decision has been made, but this rests with the applicant only. The council is not under a statutory duty to deal with the application if an applicant does not amend a plan, though in that case the majority of councils would probably issue a refusal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back