Planning Policy Statement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Wondered if any one could help me!

I have submitted an application to amend previously approved planning permission (moving the development a few meters to the left).

On submitting the application and Planning Policy Statement, the author of the statement being anonymous. An adviser for the local council has told me remaining anonymous could effect the projects approval.

Could the author remaining anonymous impact the possibility of the plan being approved? Surely the Statement should be taken on its content rather than the author of the document.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
An adviser for the local council has told me remaining anonymous could effect the projects approval.

I cannot see it having an impact in this instance, obviously I can see why they say that, as you would if you were given legal advice you'd value it more from a solicitor than from a guy you were chatting to at the bus stop so would want to know who its from.

If its registered then what the issue. Most would assume it is written by the agent or the applicant.

P.S. did you get the adviser's name lol!

Thanks for your reply!

Ha, yes I do have the adviser's name!

The council and myself have a somewhat messy relationship, due to a number of previous applications over the past 5 years.

On all of my applications the author has remained anonymous and I feel that it is only being brought to light now as my applications are deemed to be quite a hassle for the council.

Surely if a solicitor and a guy at the bus stop said the same thing and held merit it should make no difference?

Are you aware of any guidelines in regard to the author of a planning policy statement?

Why not make up a name? Or get a friend to write a couple of sentences, edit it a bit maybe, and put their name down..

Sounds like such a minor technicality, if the council want to see a name, put a name - who cares who wrote it?

Sponsored Links
Anyone can write a Planning Policy statement or Design and Access statement. The fact that there is no name to it is immaterial - the council should consider the statement on its content only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back