Help! Unswitched fused spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric heated towel rail in my bathroom that cannot be turned off, about five minutes ago this towl rail snapped off the wall and I have no idea how to turn it off, so it's just heating up the vinyl floor.
It's attached to the wall by an unswitched fused spur.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unscrew the fuse holder, and take the fuse out.

I assume that the towel rail isn't on all the time, how do you normally switch it on and off

This will probably sound crazy but I've never turned it off, I can't figure out how. Theres no switch anywhere to be seen.

So no switch or pull cord outside in the hallway. Have you taken the fuse out yet.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if you can trace where the wire to the towel rail comes from, but you might need an electrician for the next stage, to a switch (maybe with a timer) outside the bathroom.

Yes I think you're right. For now though I'm just happy for it to be off. Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back