FUSED SPUR for electric towel rail

XFX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just looking for sum validation on install. Have a 20amp dp switch on outside of bathroom that was used to power an old electric shower which has been removed. I have taken a spur from this switch to a 13amp unswitched fused unit (used the zone guide for placement of socket )this now powers electric towel rail. The supply for the 20 amp dp switch is str8 from the breaker box and its a 16amp supply (I used 1.5mm cable from old 20amp dp switch to fuse as heater is only 600w). I think the 13 amp fuse is too high a rating for the heater mayb drop to a 5amp? please any feedback guys

thanks

Sponsored Links
I think there are regulations similar to Part P in Scotland and I don't ken what they permit.

Apart from that it all seems OK.

It would be normal to complete a minor works certificate and this will have earth loop impedance, tripping times for RCD, type of earth system used etc. You will of course need to complete the paperwork as if anything goes wrong in the future without the paperwork which is considered to prove you have tested everything you have no way to show you tested and fulfilled your duty of care.

Sponsored Links
On this 600 watt heating circuit, all you need is a Three Amp fuse, because 600watts divided into 230volts gives just under three amps.

• Thanks
Reactions: XFX

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back