HELP: Vailiant System Boiler LOUD Vibrating Sound Whenever Upstairs Heating Is On

If the noise is happening with all the TRVs fully open just now then I can't see how turning them off and then on will help.

Sponsored Links
What is the Grundfos circ pump to the left of the u/stairs motorised valve for?.

What is the Grundfos circ pump to the left of the u/stairs motorised valve for?.
Hi

This is awaiting to be replaced by the plumber actually as it packed in and started making grinding noises when id put the hot water on. Plumber has told me it has nothing to do with my heating and is only for the hot water from taps and showers to heat up quicker. Its currently not functional.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John,

Do you think its still worth me turning the TRVs all off and then turning back on?
Its worth turning the TRV's all off and then starting the heating to see if it is a TRV issue, then repeat the exercise by turning the TRV's on one at a time and each time restart the heating to see which one is the problem.

Its worth turning the TRV's all off and then starting the heating to see if it is a TRV issue, then repeat the exercise by turning the TRV's on one at a time and each time restart the heating to see which one is the problem.
Ok thank you I will attempt to do this tomorrow.

Ok thank you I will attempt to do this tomorrow.
Hi Mister Banks,

I attempted this today and still the noise occurred. I did however leave the bathroom ones open.

One thing I did research is that some my TRVs are on the return pipe instead of the flow? But seeing as switching of the TRVs never fixed the problem I’m not sure how relevant that is…

Hi Mister Banks,

I attempted this today and still the noise occurred. I did however leave the bathroom ones open.

One thing I did research is that some my TRVs are on the return pipe instead of the flow? But seeing as switching of the TRVs never fixed the problem I’m not sure how relevant that is…
Maybe it’s the bathroom ones causing the noise, why did you leave them on?

Maybe it’s the bathroom ones causing the noise, why did you leave them on?
Hi

I thought because they didnt have the head with the numbers on that they didn’t need to be turned of. Will do it again with all turned off this time. Thank you

Hi

I thought because they didnt have the head with the numbers on that they didn’t need to be turned of. Will do it again with all turned off this time. Thank you
Ok, these are not TRV’s so shouldn’t be an issue

What you might also consider is to time the motorised valve when its programmed to open, these normally take 6 secs or so to fully open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back