HELP! walll repair after removing skirting

Sponsored Links
A bag of bonding plaster, a bucket to mix it up in and a plasterers trowel should do it.
I would also use skirting higher than the origonal.

Sponsored Links
In picture 1 it looks as if there is bit of loose plaster. Pull this off the wall and patch everything up with bonding then skim any areas skirting will not cover

In picture 1 it looks as if there is bit of loose plaster. Pull this off the wall and patch everything up with bonding then skim any areas skirting will not cover
I had this problem.

Like others said, I filled with bonding then raked out about 5mm once the bonding was going off. I then skimmed on top of the bonding once it was nearly dry, using dilute PVA on the old plaster to try and give a better join. Use a bit of water spray on the dry wall if you are struggling with the bonding sticking to the wall.

When you skim, try and do it as neat and flush as possible, do small sections. you should use 2 coats (shock horror) I used 1 only. Finally, if your skim is as crud as mine, you may need to pass an orbital to get the lines out once the skim is fully dry (about 1 week). :oops:

Easier option would be to bond to full depth then use bigger boards.

I had similar problem years ago and I decided to sort it out myself although didn't really know what I was doing. The result was horrible.

Vinny, some good advice above. I don't think cutting plasterboard is the way to go here. I plastered for the first time a few months ago, and surprisingly was really pleased with the results. Give it a go! Be sure to post some pictures of your finished result!

Best of luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back