help water coming from pipe straight onto the floor outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help

I have water from my bathroom sink and shower that when ever i turn the tap on the water which comes out of it pours straight out of the pipe onto the floor outside onto my downstairs neighbors floor. (i live on the 1st floor)

im not sure if the wind has blown the pipe away or something internal has messed up

has anyone got any ideas? all of the other pipes are going into a downpipe or something which is about a meter to the side, i dont know what pipe it would need, where to go etc

Sponsored Links
If you've got a spare £170 get onto Plimico Plumbers -they are in The Smoke too - or post some pics here ;)

the pipe on the right which is coming out of the wall is from the bathroom and where the water comes straight out of and pours onto the floor below - my guess is that there should be a pipe from that to the thing on the left of the pic

sorry that i have not got the names of the different items correct

Someone has stolen your waste pipe. Yes, there should be a pipe from the pushfit elbow down to the hopper.

Has this just happened?

Sponsored Links
Someone has stolen your waste pipe. Yes, there should be a pipe from the pushfit elbow down to the hopper.

Has this just happened?

thanks, yeah it has happened within the past few days.

is this easy to replace?

oh and thanks for the technical terms - pushfit elbow and hopper :D

'Floor', is inside the house.
'Ground', is outside.
Just reading your post made me smile.

As an aside:

A fella I used to play golf with always referred to the 'floor', ie I hit the floor with the club. Gave up in the end telling him where his 'floor' was :eek:

'Floor', is inside the house.
'Ground', is outside.
Just reading your post made me smile.

As an aside:

A fella I used to play golf with always referred to the 'floor', ie I hit the floor with the club. Gave up in the end telling him where his 'floor' was :eek:

haha

floor and ground are the same

right, back on topic - what would i need to fix this mess? a waste pipe i guess? is there a standard size? how does it connect from the pushfit elbow down to the hopper?

many thanks

Probably 40mm waste pipe, can you get up an measure how wide the elbow sticking out the wall is? It pushes in, to fit into the elbow and will probably just sit in the hopper. Just place into the hopper as the others are.

haha

Oh and so how does, "I'm on the ground floor" work then, if they're the same :)

Probably 40mm waste pipe, can you get up an measure how wide the elbow sticking out the wall is? It pushes in, to fit into the elbow and will probably just sit in the hopper. Just place into the hopper as the others are.

haha

I dont have the means to measure it at present as i dont have ladders.

im guessing i buy a 40mm waste pipe and cut the length to fit?

haha

I dont have the means to measure it at present as i dont have ladders.

im guessing i buy a 40mm waste pipe and cut the length to fit?

Yes, probably 40mm if it's from your shower. You can buy it in black to match and if you have the tools, it would be good to fix a couple of pipe supports as well. Cut the pipe to length, file the end slighty so that it pushes in easier ( a little washing up liquid might help if it is difficult to get in)

Forget the pipe supports - just realised that it is too far out from the wall to do that.

Who the hell nicks plastic waste pipe??
You'll get a pipe clip on down towards the hopper head, probably.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back