help water coming from pipe straight onto the floor outside

Sponsored Links
Forget the pipe supports - just realised that it is too far out from the wall to do that.

sorry, can you expand on what you mean please

Its just that if you clamped 40mm pipe to the wall using standard 40mm pipe clips it would be closer to the wall than the socket sticking out. Obviously it can be done by extending the supports with wooden blocks or something, but without sounding rude towards you, I don't know your DIY capabilities. Or you could always tie it to the other pipes going into the hopper. Hope that helps.

Forget the pipe supports - just realised that it is too far out from the wall to do that.

sorry, can you expand on what you mean please

Its just that if you clamped 40mm pipe to the wall using standard 40mm pipe clips it would be closer to the wall than the socket sticking out. Obviously it can be done by extending the supports with wooden blocks or something, but without sounding rude towards you, I don't know your DIY capabilities. Or you could always tie it to the other pipes going into the hopper. Hope that helps.

thanks for your reply. my diy skills are non existent. but I will try once I get access to a ladder as it appears to be something that is 'doable'

is it pretty straight forward? does the waste pipe sit in the elbow? or does it screw in? how is it made water tight? from the clip?

sorry for all the questions. but I'm grateful for all the help

Sponsored Links
Follow squeakys advice regarding the wash up liquid and filing a chamfer on the end of the new pipe.
Support the elbow as you firmly push and turn it in....there's a o ring in the elbow that the new pipe has to slide over.
Unfortunately, all pipe diameters aren't identical, but hopefully your luck will be in.
Hope it goes well!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back