Help! Water exerywhere cant find the part or product name!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Im new here but have always found theses forms a great way to get things like this answered. Basically a small rubber valve has broken inside my ball valve which is more like a box than a ball. Anyway no where I have found stocks this part or has even seen the set up I have. It is a pretty modern toilet with center flush button with the two flush types. The weird thing is that the main water feed comes from the back left of the cistern and joins the ball valve via a metal pipe. None of the normal side entry systems fit and the only identifiying marks on mine are a number (2970 followed by a W with a sort of squiggle at the end. i've had a plumber out who said he cant find the part and I need to replace the whole toilet which is tiled in. If anyone can help id be eternally grateful.

Sponsored Links
Having trouble as Im at work the misses is at home phoning round plumbers. looking down on the cistern there is the center flush mechanism which is working fine then from the back slightly to the left there is a metal pipe that feeds the water in I cant find any ball cock system to fit this or find the rubber valve that has burst it has no brand mane except for the number 2970 and the W with the squiggle after it. Driving me nuts!

with a certain amount of luck, the incoming water supply to the cistern will have a service valve on it. Most often this looks like a metal fitting on the pipe with a screw-head on it. To turn the water off you turn the screw head so that the slot is across the pipe (slot in line with the pipe is off).

Occasionally they have a plastic lever that you turn by a quarter of a circle for the same effect.

A couple of commmon ones:

p1078207_l.jpg

p1081010_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
p.s. does the "ball valve" look anything like any of these? I gather from what you say that it does not have an arm with a round plastic ball-float on it

p2938324_l.jpg

p4748578_l.jpg

p1816516_l.jpg

Its the top one in the pic's, not exactly but thats closest. Actually bought that one but couldn't get it to fit to the inlet. Electrical tape proved a fruitless attempt :rolleyes:

The metal inlet doesn't seem to have a shut of but i have managed to turn the water off. Should these things not be standard as all the spares I have found seem to be. How many manufactures can there be in the UK?

GERBERIT cisterns I think If thats the right spelling is what you want or GROHE

I bet you will be fitting a service valve when you fix it ;)

Thanks a million Gent's for your help ill look into the GERBERIT or Grohe cisterns and see what happens it seems like I just need a way to connect the metal inlet to this side entry ball valve thing I bought. Proving to be much more difficult than that eh. Why cant everything be like lego?

you can get a flexible tap connector (as in one of my pics). One end of it has a 15mm compression joint to go onto the incoming copper supply pipe beside the cistern, and the other end has a screw-fit tap connector which fits on the tail of all standard ball-valves.

This will make it much easier next time.

That sounds like the most likley answer IMO. The brand names mentioned before were similar set ups but look more upmarket and complex to mine. I have deduced my set up must be called a back to wall system. That connector sounds like the best idea. I'll see if I can get one to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back