Help Way to make a short extension of a 4" plastic waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can I ask please. Need to move a toilet about 90mm to one side and think cutting the straight length of 4" grey pipe before it bends 90 degrees to the pan my best bet. However to save buying a whole length of 4" is there a straight coupling of any kind which might give me the small extension I need? I probably could but don't really want to use a long flexi to the pan.

It's a back to wall toilet, the flush supply being somewhat hidden. I need to plumb this as well. Is it normal to have to move a pan like this forward (in the event of a problem) and then isolate the supply (to reach an isolating screw on or before a flexi from 15mm)? Is fitting a special hatch into tiles a stupid idea??!!

Thanks for advice on it. Only fitted bog standard type pan before (excuse the pun)

Scott

Sponsored Links
You can buy a soil pipe extension from plumbcentre, its about 300mm long and you can cut it down to suit.
Or you can buy one metre lengths of soil pipe from screwfix and just use a socket

Ahh, ok thanks.

I checked earlier before posting and couldn't uncover any lengths shorted than 3m but I'll check screwfix again. Hopefully the Plumb Centre piece will be fine though

Scott

Sponsored Links
Ahh, ok thanks.

I checked earlier before posting and couldn't uncover any lengths shorted than 3m but I'll check screwfix again. Hopefully the Plumb Centre piece will be fine though

Scott
Plumbfix which is the trade version of screwfix definately do the 1 m lengths ask in there if you cant find it in the catalogue

Great thanks

Re the long pan connectors, it's more the lateral movement of the current waste pipe needing changed, not distance to the pan outlet from the 4". Probably possible to offset it with a long flexi but I think I'd prefer fixed plastic in line with the pan

Job done today with the screwfix 1 metre section of pipe with plumb centre not having the shorter soil pipe extension. Great help from here thanks. The above code from screwfix was black pipe, grey pipe 27141.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back