help where to buy ??? anti splash "bungs"

Sponsored Links
Hi Sambotc
I never said about reducing pressure that was bambergaspipes idea, all I wanted to do was stop the water splashing every where because the pressure is so low it splutters all over the place, what this gadget will do is enable the stream to flow more directly into the basin , until the plumber can sort out the water pressure and hopefully thats it. So once again thanks for the web site.

And, at the risk of incurring a vitriolic onslaught as I'm not a plumber ...... I did have problems with splashing from a pair of new but Victorian style basin taps with oval nozzles.

When I looked up the nozzles the castings were quite rough and I smoothed them out with various abrasive tips and a Dremel flexible handpiece.

Result was a smooth laminar flow from the taps, no splashing and full flow.

Sponsored Links
there you go with the "stupid" again, if i knew what the problem was i wouldn't have been asking for advice
Be nice :)

Sorry you've been accosted by our resident gobby gibbon.

Sanding/scraping out the inside of the end of the tap (penknife!) might well help, particulary if you have the problem even at very low flow rates.
I'd worry about the things you shove up the tap end actually staying there, and not blocking up with a bit of scale then one day firing across the room followed by a torrent. If the tap inside is rough they won't fit??

I've never known these below NOT solve the problem. 8 litres a minute is usually fine, though less would probably be OK. You can just replace your exisitng isolating valves with them.

Just closing your iso valves is usually noisy, and doesn't actually regulate well.
The company is bes.ltd.uk - search on the item number.
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3528/29682082re0.gif

Thanks Sam
spot on, this is just the thng I have been looking for.

Really? that`s a tap insert it will only spread the water, not reduce pressure, probably make it worse. As long as you are happy ;)

Bamber!

How would half closing an isolator valve reduce pressure? With the tap closed then the pressure on each side of the valve would be equal and so not be reduced.. What you are really doing when you close those valves is reduce FLOW, not pressure! Yes I know that I'm being pedantic but you were equally pedantic over what the OP called her basin. The accuracy of the name was not important as it had no bearing on the problem, we all understood what the OP meant and quite frankly no one really cares.

Bamber, nobody loves you.. Not even your cat!

well guys what can I say who would have thought my little question would cause so many vibrant responses, what a passionate lot you are,
Bambergaspipes as you have tolorated my lack of knowledge, and faulty terminology I will forgive you for your lack of charm

many thanks for the input.......will know where to come next time :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back