HELP: Wireless remote clock thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 boiler installed and my elderly parents do not understand how to use the wireless remote control.

The old boiler had a honeywell manual wall thermostat which they could use easily.
The installer of the new boiler set the wireless control so that the boiler comes on and off during the day but they prefer the boiler to be on constantly and then they control it manually.

Questions are:
I hope it is possible to get a similar manual thermostat installed for this boiler, I believe it is called a Vaillant VRT 30.

If so can it be situated in the same place as the other thermostat (in hallway a long way from boiler) or will it have to be a new installation near the boiler which is in the kitchen?
Then we can give back the wireless control. I don't want a boiler that can only be controlled/operated remotely!

Just read that •Clock/timer is not available for the Vaillant ecoTec pro 28

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Fit a Vrt 30 thermostat, in conjunction with a timeswitch 130, which is a basic 24hr pin type clock. Can be used on timed or constant.

Graham

Ok I admit that I am clueless so please bear with me.
Red light flashing plus F22 and no hot water so I need to raise pressure as needle is in the red box where it says BAR.

Miraculously I have located the flexible filling loop under the sink all connected. There appears to be just one valve which should turn with a flat screwdriver. I presume I do not need to disconnect the filling loop and put it somewhere else.

Next Moves.
Do I turn the boiler off at the mains or just turn the on/off dial beside the pressure gauge from 1 to O on the boiler itself and leave the mains switch on?

Do I release the water to fill the boiler by just turning the one valve on the filling loop under the sink in its current location and position? Is the screw moved clockwise or anticlockwise? Once I have taken the steps will the red light go out automatically or are there further steps?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and apologies if my question are obvious only the Boiler manual is not much use on how to increase the pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back