Help wiring a new thermostat (Meross MTS200B)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my old Drayton RTS1 thermostat with the Meross MTS200B and I don't get the heating switching on. I thought it was going to be straightforward but at this point better to ask for help than screwing something.
The old thermostat wiring is this one:
a1dc6fe3-f362-4675-ad87-8d92cc831058.jpeg

c54e99c3-9dec-4523-85a6-e949baca376c.jpeg

The new thermostat has this wiring:
0a6f7ed7-64d6-4688-b2d8-d2ceab002d60.jpeg

I assume I placed the N and L properly but I moved the other cable arround withouth success. Any help is welcome.

Sponsored Links
Blue to N
Red to L
Yellow to NO
Additionally...
Add a short link wire between L and COM

Safely isolate the earth wire in a separate terminal block.

Sponsored Links
Evening @S0k4r
I am looking to replace the exact same thermostat, I am curious to know what type of boiler you have, we have an old oil boiler with a timer on the front of the boiler, I am hoping that this will be able to do both thermostat and timer if I set the boiler to constant?

It will depend on the system used. We have what are known as the plans, S, Y, C, W etc. In the main the thermostat works a motorised valve and the valve has a micro switch which works the boiler. This can be built into the boiler or exterior to the boiler.

In the main oil boilers use C or Y plan as the heat in the boiler on turn off can heat the DHW, but where the DHW is done within the boiler often a W plan.

My oil boiler uses C Plan and has two motorised valve and two pumps, so not always easy to work out what you have, I now use oil in winter for DHW but solar in the summer, as can't turn off the oil heated DHW, if CH running it also heats the DHW.

I still have a problem with control, the hall with thermostat in cools too slowly, I really need a second thermostat in parallel but not fitted one as yet. What I want is a wall thermostat which will link to the TRV heads, that seems unlikely at a reasonable cost, but one needs to consider that before getting the wall thermostat, I made an error, I got Nest Gen 3 which I thought would work with Energenie but seems support was withdrawn when Google took over.

I note the sensor, but not read the instructions, the one I was looking at comes in three versions, electric, UFH and gas boiler with radiators, one does need to be careful to select the right one. I found an instruction sheet here Seems I need a BHT-002 GC is for water/gas boiler. Even if it is oil. It says NTC is optional the sensors are used with under floor heating to stop the floor over heating when RAYCHEM electric is not used.

However one needs the read the instructions carefully. At £20 likely worth the chance it does not work, however I simply don't have the cabling where I want it, so only option for me is one with a sensor and base wirelessly linked.

Since it will for me be a second thermostat in parallel it does not matter if with a power cut power is lost, but as an only thermostat clearly needs to be powered from same FCU as rest of central heating.

Hi @Biggsy101,

I have an old Baxi Combi 105e boiler, you can see the manual here. The thermostat works nicely.

Regars

Hu guys. I had 2 - wires mechaniocal thermostat, tried to set up the Meross. Did everything as suggested here (N to N, L to L, and additionaly L to COM), but heating not turning on. I am hearing "click" sound on the thermostat when it turning on heating mode, but in boiler room lamp indicating that heating is ON, do not light. What I did wrong, any suggestion?

Attachments

• PXL_20240125_145909529.jpg
    PXL_20240125_145909529.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 75
Hu guys. I had 2 - wires mechaniocal thermostat, tried to set up the Meross. Did everything as suggested here (N to N, L to L, and additionaly L to COM), but heating not turning on. I am hearing "click" sound on the thermostat when it turning on heating mode, but in boiler room lamp indicating that heating is ON, do not light. What I did wrong, any suggestion?
If you had a 2 wire mechanical thermostat, then you a) have one different to that of the OP and should have started a new thread instead of hi jacking this one and b) you won’t have a neutral wire, it’ll be live and switched live, it’s even brown with no blue sleeving!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back