Help with accenta mini please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is no entry/exit zone wired (ie door contacts on front door).

Can I press something on the keypad when settin the alarm so that it isnt waiting for the entry/exit zone to trigger?

help would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That doesn't make any sense. You can link the zone out at the panel with a bit of wire to allow you to set it - or do you mean when you arrive home? Why would you want to start the timer if you are switching it off?

Under normal operation, when you set the alarm (when leaving the house) it will wait until the timed E/E zone is triggered before setting.

Basically it wont actually set until it has sensed you have triggered (Opened) the door contacts. And then on reentering the house its a timed zone. (I think???)

The system im working on doesn't have door contacts so would the panel not just be beeping indefinitely when im trying to set it, because there is nothing wired to the E/E zone?

Or will it eventually set anyway once you have put the code in and all zones remain clear for a set period?

Believe it or not, if you give the make and model of the control panel you might get the correct answer rather than guess work

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you've got it set on 'final door set'. Program it as a timed zone.

It sounds like you've got it set on 'final door set'. Program it as a timed zone.

I haven't even got as far as setting it yet, im just thinking if its going to operate correctly when I do switch it on.

Basically you can set the alarm and leave the house without any device being operated. Is this a problem or will the system still set anyway?

Thanks for your help so far.

There is no entry/exit zone wired (ie door contacts on front door).

Can I press something on the keypad when settin the alarm so that it isnt waiting for the entry/exit zone to trigger?

help would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

hi,
i have just put one of these alarms into my mum & dads house. on there alarm i only used PIR's (9 of them!) so the entry/exit zone is off a PIR. the setting you are after is on the setting part where you set up the programs. have a look and a read of this bit, on there you can set what zone is going to be your enrtry/exit and how the system will arm... does it look for door contact or does it time out. there is a few different settings for this. with the alarm i just put in i set the zone with the PIR that looks at the front door to have a timer function. so when arming it will alow 30sec for the zone to become clear before trying to arm and when disarming you walk in and it will sound a warning for 15 sec giving you time to enter your pin before the alarm goes off. hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

The problem is there is no PIR on the door either, there is no device.

Link the zone out at the panel and set it to 'Timed exit'. Then it won't be looking for anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back