help with an underfloor heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently freezing my gonads off, as my UFH to my ground floor has stopped working. The heat pump and pipes are hot, but no heat is coming through the pipes under the floor. I've watched on youtube that the issue maybe with balancing the manifold? I have attached some photos. Any help would be gratefully received :cry:

IMG_20161109_194221.jpg
IMG_20161109_194211.jpg
IMG_20161109_194201.jpg
IMG_20161109_194153.jpg
!

Sponsored Links
Usually the red and blue handles at the end of the manifolds point straight up or down to be on, 90 degrees to the manifold should mean off , have you turned them for any reason ?
No, I've just moved in and the system was like that! So I need to move the red and blue handles? Which one of they, the ones on the left or right? Sorry for being so thick

No sorry I made a mistake, I was looking at the wrong handles !

Sponsored Links
Everything looks alright to me.

Just seriously dirty and dusty!

Why do you think the UFH pump is working?

Tony

Hi Tony

I'm assuming that there big black thing in the first picture and the big red thing in the last photo are pumps. I only say they are working as they are very warm!

They become warm from the system water.

Also they get warm when working or when seized up too.

Read the FAQ on this site for how to test pumps.

Or do the normal thing and call an engineer!

Tony

Look up the manufacturer's website and download the set-up manual for adjusting flow/isolation valves. That said, if it used to be fine but suddenly it's not, then the flow balance isn't the problem. You should see flow through the meters installed in the top of the red ports, longer loops have more flow going through them.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back