Help with Boiler - keeps shutting electric down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope you can help.

My boiler keeps shutting my main electric down. I have isolated the boiler from the turn off switch

Have central heating cover but they can't send anyone out until tomorrow and have got no heating or water now and 2 kids missus going nuts.

Anyway the boiler is and IDEAL Response 80 or 100 - wall mounted fanned flue Combi Boiler.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
chances are its water pressure switch,can't by-pass it so looks like a few more moans from the family - take them swimming or something then they can at least get a shower.

Could be any number of things. Best to sit tight and wait for the engineer to call. Don't be surprised if it's not fixed first time. This sort of thing is normally caused by a minor leak onto electrical components somewhere and can be multiple components affected.

Sponsored Links
As TW says, it is a well known and extremely common fault that the water pressure switch leaks internally and trips the electric out.

I would change this first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back