Help with BT sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add a couple of BT sockets to a basement in a house I am working at. I dont have access to the existing BT points in the house, but I do have access to the cable that supplys them. Can I cut the cable and make a joint to feed the two new sockets?

Is there a limit to the number of BT points?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Sponsored Links
Sounds more like wire tapping than adding sockets to an existing system, but who am I to judge. I would have thought that all subscribers to a BT service line must surely have access to the master socket that they (BT) have installed.

im talking about physical access. Installing a cable to the socket would cause damage and require an amount of repair work.

Can I not break the cable with a socket instead? Even if this became the master and the others were therefore slave units?

Sponsored Links
Yes, you contact BT and request them to do it.
It'll probably be less expensive to access the existing master socket and do the resultant repair work.
As previously stated by another, the cable and the master socket are the property of BT.
If you screw with them they have the right to both prosecute you and, more importantly, disconnect your service - permanently !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back