Help with choice of Porcelain tile cutter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just one tile 600mm x 300mm porcelain tile which needs 5mm cut down to 295mm.
My tiler is a waste of space. Long story. So I have to buy or hire a cutter. He used a manual tile cutter. A huge heavy cutter to score and snap off with pinchers like he did with some of the other tiles.

I have also got to knock out a few smaller made tiles around the window as the gap is to wide between the edges and window. That can be done later.

I am thinking of buying an electric cutter. I don't fancy scoring the tile with so little to cut off and using nibblers.
There is enough tile for an electic disc to cleanly cut off.

So if anybody can point me to a tile cutter that would be up to cutting this size tile it would be appreciated. Thank you.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
No I don't.

That would do the trick wouldn't it as its only 5mm and would be hidden once I have put plasterboard over the current plasterboard for a tidy finish. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
lol
I am still going to wait though. Rushed things before so patience and hopefully somebody might recommend the right cutter.

Rather than spend all that money for something you might never use again go to your local hire shop and hire one

i want to buy an electirc cutter for now and the future.
Just need to know which one can do the job :)

I have 4m of floor tiles to cut and then17.5m of large wall tile can anyone suggest a good cutter either electric or manual for the 50 to 100 pound mark . thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back