Help with combi boiler and UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

thanks in advance, I feel cheeky getting free advice!

I moved into a new build that was supplied with a Fiamma electric combi boiler from https://www.electriccombiboilerscompany.com/ and a wet 3-zone underfloor heating system by ambiente.

Most of the flats have had problems with seized pumps, leaking PRV or AOV, and drops in pressure. Mixed feedback from the different trades people sent by the developer offer differing advice, from limescale issues, to advice around lack of filters and lack of inhibitor. They’ve assured us inhibitor was added, but I know for sure in some cases that wasn’t the case.

We were told the boilers were service free, but when we started having problems, we were told off for not having them serviced.

couple of questions that I’d like help with before getting it serviced:

when the boiler drops pressure, and we refill via filling loop, surely we are diluting the inhibitor. The developer told us this wouldn’t impact underfloor heating inhibitor as it’s separate - but I thought it was the same pressurised system?

is there anyway to prevent limes scale damaging the PRV/AOV?

is it possible to redose inhibitor ourself through filling loop, or is this really a job for someone else.

What would you advise if a service was to be completed, because there are no gas safety concerns - and I’ve already had the electrical connections checking/tightening

thanks - Josh

Sponsored Links
We were told the boilers were service free,

nope they need servicing

when the boiler drops pressure, and we refill via filling loop, surely we are diluting the inhibitor

Correct but you need to find out what is causing the pressure to drop, I would start with the expansion vessle, if the unit hasnt been serviced the vessel will not have been checked

is it possible to redose inhibitor ourself through filling loop, or is this really a job for someone else.

might be possible depending which inhibitor is installed , not a good idea to mix brands try to use whatever is already in the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back