Help with confusing new flat heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just moved into a new flat and it has avery unfamiliar heating system and no manuals to be found.

There is a dimplex RXPW4 in the cupboard which I think controls the 3 mini heaters but I haven't set this up yet.

There doesn't seem to be a timer/controller for the hot water, just 2 switches for the heating cylinder which are always switched on. I have hot water but I am worried it is constantly on and heating the water and Im going to get a huge bill or the thing will explode.

any ideas?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
What you have looks like a direct unvented cylinder. The bottom element is for general use and the top one is for a "boost" should you need hot water quickly.

If there are no timers anywhere for this then keep the bottom element switched on and the top one switched off unless you need a quick boost of hot water should you run out.

Generally the bottom element is on Economy 7 but that depends if that tariff is available to you?

If you are on a single rate tariff then it would be possible to put the bottom element on a timer if needs be.

As for the heating, the controller that you have controls the 3 "zones" that you have.

The set up instructions can be found here:

http://www.dimplex.co.uk/assets/kb/operating_instructions/0/RXPW4_Instructions_Issue_4.pdf

Hope that helps

Jon

Sorry, should add to the that.

It wont explode being left on but you will get a higher bill.

Is it rented or bought?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back