Help with damp shed ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, forgive me I'm a novice in terms of building.

Have a large 5x6m shed. Using it more but very damp (92% just measured apparently). Leading to quick rusting etc. Decided I should look at what options I have. Unfortunately it's not something I can spend thousands on. It's not a premade, the roof has been a nightmare with leaking and patch works, ideally it would be totally rebuilt on concrete but £££ wise that can't be done.

-concrete: would be ideal, but its not at all level, sloping floor. Ground is very firm. Access is going to be tough for a digger.

Any other options as something I could do to improve this? Worth laying a membrane and getting someone to lay sloped concrete? Any other solutions on this?

edit: have brought a 17ltr dehumidifier but think it might be a bit much here! If not I can easily install fan circulation.

Thanks guys.

kpm15622 acr.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No point doing anything till roof is fixed.

on that note I've just been looking at EPDM single sheet. The felt has had 1000 patchworks done on it and it's never good. However the roof is not at all flat anymore so going to have to see if this is an issue with EPDM. The shed slightly leaned but has now been secured and no one wants to replace the whole sloped roof.

The floor looks like its damp bare earth or sand is the a damp membrane under it.

Sponsored Links
Andrew, I cannot help with the dampness - however on the shelf next to the yellow spirit level hanging on the wall is what looks like a right angled driver/tool.
What is it and what make/model? Does it work well?
Cheers.

Andrew, I cannot help with the dampness - however on the shelf next to the yellow spirit level hanging on the wall is what looks like a right angled driver/tool.
What is it and what make/model? Does it work well?
Cheers.
thats a ryobi its rather long low geared but ok cap1801 or the new green version cap 1801mg
15" long with battery head 5" without bit in o-1000rpm single speed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back