Help with design on Solid Fuel CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
Got tiny problem . Bought a house with old fireplace with backboiler and want to replace with closed-in stove (multifuel cetral heating plus HW).Worked out the KW/BTUs and decided to do all the plumbing myself then get Heating Engineer in to connect stove and test run it. He's happy and I should save a bit.Now the question is: there is only 2 rads needed on the ground floor and 4 upstairs. the ground floor has expensive oak floor fitted and im trying to avoid rippin them just to put pipework for 2rads in.pipework cannot run along skirting on the ground floor coz of layout(door/entrance etc). is it possible to take it straight up(above the stove) to the first floor sort out all rads needed upstairs then across the house and drop it down to ground floor again the get the other 2 connected? (then i could run pipework along the wall i the corner of living room)will the pump work ok in such a design?or will gravity be a problem on return from my last rad?(up to first floor,then across the house back to the boiler).what else should i pay attention to?
any of you suggesting that my Heating engineer should answer that??-will cost £££ again for design-i tried that...:(
any help will be appreciated
many thanks
andy

Sponsored Links
Yeah that'll work provided you use the correct size pipes and connect it all up properly. I'd say go for 22mm flow and returns to the first four (tee off in 15mm to connect the actual rads) and then down to 15mm for the last two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back