Help with Diplomat fridge (/freezer)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a bit of help with our fridge which is part of fridge/freezer - freezer works fine. It is in the diplomat range. We have had it about 15 months, and I phoned manufacturer to see if they could help and found out it's part of MFI range and they were in the process of going belly up when this happened.
Every so often the fridge temp rises to 8 deg plus. It is set to be at 3 deg. It seems to be a compressor / fan issue as sometimes there's no sound, even if the temperature is high. As a workaround we put in freezer blocks which help to bring it down, but if we put anything in at room temp it normally creeps back up.
I was playing about with it a bit to see if there was anything obvious. There is a panel at the back which I took off. When I hold down the button that normally sets temp, the light goes off, but the fan switches on blowing cold air in, but there is a flap which closes stopping said cold air getting in. When I press button again to set temp to 3 deg the light comes on and the flap opens but the fan switches off.
Any suggestions would be great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back