help with extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am going to put an extractor fan in my garden shed, but i am wondering can i just wire it to a 13 amp plug as i have a 4gang extension lead already there it would be a lot easier this way.

Sponsored Links
in the plug coming from the extractor.

why only a 3 amp?

Extractor fans are usually in the region of 15 to 25 Watts. This is actually 1 Amp or less. So the lowest rating of fuse you fit the better. Then, if there is a fault, the fuse will blow quite quickly. If you had a high-rated fuse it might not blow unless there was a severe current fault, thus giving more risk of shock of fire.

Sponsored Links
coylo5 said:
i am going to put an extractor fan in my garden shed, but i am wondering can i just wire it to a 13 amp plug as i have a 4gang extension lead already there it would be a lot easier this way.
Where is the 4-gang extension lead plugged in?

What the hell are you doing in a shed that requires an extractor fan !

crafty1289 said:
coylo5 said:
Where is the 4-gang extension lead plugged in?

the kitchen. don't worry the cable running from the kitchen to the shed is for outside and it is protected by plastic piping.

to answer bathjobby, i do allot of woodworking in my spare time mostly after work and i cant have the shed doors open all the time ( crying neighbours )
so i need some sort of extraction unit for all the dust. coz there's nothing worse than confined spaces with no ventilation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back