Help with fitting a door to a Whirlpool ADG 644 Dishwasher!

W

willj23

Can anyone help me?!

I have recently purchased a Whirlpool intregrated dishwasher ADG644 and am having problems fitting the door onto the new dishwasher.

I have tried to get help from currys where i purchased it and Whirlpool, and both have proved particularly unhelpful!

I was told in currys that the door, screws onto the dishwasher, which i am able to do but when the door shuts it 'catches' the unit underneath thus not shutting properly.
My previous dishwasher had a fitting where the door was slightly raised from the front of the dishwasher, so when it shut it could move freely as opposed to being held in one place like the suggested screw fixing.

I have attached photos of the front of the dishwasher (Which has holes presumably for bolts), the door itself (Standard door), the fittings i have and finally the metal strips that were left on the door from the previous dishwasher.

dish1.jpg

dishdoor.jpg

dishparts.jpg

doorbrackets.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on how to sort this out it would be greatly appreciated as Whirlpool have offered no help or instructions on how to do it!!

Sponsored Links
A part of the kickstrip at the top is usually removed to allow the door to open

\____________________/ sort of that shape removed from just where the door os and usually half an inch or so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back