Help with hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

not sure if this is the best forum or gas.

had an electrician in to rewire a kitchen. He removed a lot of ‘old’ wiring including that of the old thermostat as we have hive. However , now the pump does not come on for the CH but does for the hot water.

anyone any idea of what might of happened please?

I’m sure he will come back but he’s on holiday so wondering if I can check something.

Thanks,

Paul.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Right. I didn't expect that answer.

Normally the pump is connected to the same wires as the boiler or wired from the boiler, so I am at a loss.

Someone else may know.

Assuming you have a three-port valve, then this is the wiring - with the proviso that the pump wires might come from the boiler.

upload_2021-8-20_16-13-57.png

Sponsored Links
I have two valves. I can here the valve changing when it calls for CH but no pump power. Very strange.

Room stat is wireless give though. I can’t work it out why it wouldn’t work after removing cables.

Yes I removed the thermostat on the first (wrong) diagram - just do the same.

The problem is, if the valve works and switches on the boiler it should also switch on the pump.

If there are separate wires from the valve to pump, presumably the CH one is the fault, BUT

if the pump is wired from the boiler, then it could be a boiler fault - coincidences do happen.

I will get you moved to Plumbing.

I also think I can only hear the hw valve when that goes on and not the CH valve. It does nothing.

I suspect that the 'electrician' has removed the thermostat cable and not changed the wiring to connect the CH on (Hive 4) to the valve.

Do you have a wiring centre somewhere?
If so, post a picture of the connections. It might be possible to tell.

Switch off the power before removing the lid. Just copy and paste pictures.

I have two boxes. One next to the pump and one now behind the plastered ceiling…

I can see where this is going.

Or do you mean the wiring behind the hive controller? The one with the buttons on?

It depends where the wiring is.

If you have a wiring centre where all the wiring from the various parts come together for connection, it will likely be there.

Like the row of connectors in the diagrams.
Of course the numbers might not be the same in yours.

upload_2021-8-20_19-30-36.png

Of course, that might not be the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back