Help with insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post here after reading some threads and unsure of how to fix this problem.

We have had an extension built and a small WC extension to the side of the house. The WC is a lot cooler than the extension and never reches room temp.

Both the extension and WC were dob and dabbed, they were draughty where pipes protruded through the board (and sockets) so I filled these opennings with expanding foam and the extension at least is better.

The toilet, as mentioned is quite a small room, with a small radiator but is allways cool/cold even with the rad on full and getting hot. It has a pitched roof and horizontal ceiling with two down lighters. Before it was painted, I checked for insulation in the void and there was a thin piece, unsure of how much.

My plan was to try and see, by using a small mirror, how much is up there and top up if possible. This is the point where I appreciate questions and suggestions.

My last resort would be to have full plaster walls redone, a new ceiling with insulation and convert the light to one that is in the room, rather than venting into the void.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back