Help with Labgear HDU681 Distribution Unit...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Administrators of the forum, please feel free to move this thread into a more suitable category if there is one, as I couldn't find one.

We've recently done a ton of work in our lounge, and one of the things I wanted to do was install a system that would pump the Sky+, UHF, VHF and DAB signals around to the lounge, kitchen, family room and bedrooms etc.

On the recommendation of a friend, I ended up buying a Labgear HDU681 - 8 Way Distribution Unit from Screwfix.

I phoned their helpline, and briefly explained what I wanted to do, and they told me that I'd need to run three coaxes down to where the main TV and Sky+ box would be.

We've connected everything up as follows:

The two coaxes from the Sky+ Dish, go to 'LNB1 In' and 'LNB2 In' on the HDU681. From there, two of the three coaxes go from 'LNB1 Out' and 'Down Link Out' down to a 'Quadplex and Return' plate down in the lounge. The final coax goes from 'Return' on the 'Quadplex and Return' plate to 'Up Link In' on the HDU681. We've obviously connected the UHF aeriel separately on the HDU681.

In the lounge, we now get a cracking Sky+ signal and everything works OK, except we don't get a UHF signal at all, and are forced to watch all channels via Sky+.

As an experiment, I ran a cable from 'Out 1' on the HDU681 down to the TV in our kitchen and that works fine - Sky+ and UHF all works a treat.

So, to summarise, the UHF signal isn't getting down into the lounge.

Anyone got an idea, as I'm pulling my hair out!

Cheers

Graham :(

Sponsored Links
I would have ran the UHF aerial directly into the Sky box and then to the tv via the rf1 output. The second output would then feed the uhf input on the distribution amp.. Then all rooms will be fed from the sky box.
I wouldn't hve bothered with the lnb connectors either, I would have left them directly into the sky box, thus eliminating the extra plugs and sockets ( and losses )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back