labgear HDU681 - sky question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello forum

i was wondering wether it is necessary to have the sky downlink from the labgear box down to the sky box.

this is how i plan to have my set up;

DOWNSTAIRS:

sky+, coming in from wall(standard sky installation) --> to TV though scart

then using the return link from labgear sending up the sky signal though that.
my issue is having to re route the original sky cabling and this is now embedded in plaster after coming in from the outside.

this is a link to the wiring diagram if its of any help;

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Skytronic/MX_HDU_Diagram.pdf

if this doesn't make sense let me know..

thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I tend leave the dish LNB feeds going direct in to the Sky box - pretty much along the lines of what you are planning.

The way I'd wire...

Dish LNB(s) direct to Sky box.
TV aerial, FM & DAB in to 681
Downlink from 681 to RF in on Sky box.
RF2 out on Sky box to Uplink on 681
(Sat/CCTV-UHF switch to CCTV-UHF)
RF outs 1~8 to the other TV/radio points in the house.

This'll get you Sky via RF on the rest of the tellys in the house. As long as you use "Sky pass" type wall plates you can use magic eyes to control the Sky box from any TV location.

:)

so the RF1 on the back of the sky box. can this then be pluged into the back of the TV to insert the 681 feeds into the normal TV.
For distributing TV you want to use the RF2 socket, not the RF1.

RF1 can be used for the TV next to the Sky box if you want...but why? when you have SCART which will look loads better.

The reason you use RF2 is that's the one that can allow the box to be controlled remotely. You can't do that with RF1. :)

Looking at the sockets you linked, there's nothing about Sky pass or 9 volt pass. I'd keep looking.

Sponsored Links
yeah i understand that, but i am planing to also plug CCTV into the 681 so this is why i ask to use the RF1 to plug into the tv next to the sky box. because i don't think this would go though the scart...

EDIT: sorry didnt see the last bit of your reply. ok thats fine. On the wireing diagram which i linked up there^^ i am trusting that those are the ideal sockets which i should use. yes? if so than i shall try and find those ones. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back