Help With Loft Insulation, Flooring and Fire Hoods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I new here, so please bear with me...

I'm looking to floor my loft, we live in a bungalow and the joists are 100mm deep. I've got the insulation and I have also installed some recessed halogen lighting.

The shortest fire hoods I can get are 105mm and I intended to use these over the lights and spread in glass wool insulation around accordingly.

I just want to make sure that I'm fine to use normal flooring on top of all this so I can use the loft at a much needed storage space?

Your help is very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
What do instructions with the fire-hoods say about closest permissable distance to flammable materials ?

What are you doing about heat-dissipation from the halogen bulbs ? Excessive heat causes early failure.

What do instructions with the fire-hoods say about closest permissable distance to flammable materials ?

What are you doing about heat-dissipation from the halogen bulbs ? Excessive heat causes early failure.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've not bought the fire hoods yet, whilst that's something I'm conscious of it's not something I've found out/researched yet.

With regards to heat dissipation, I was going to leave ample room around the hood even though I wouldn't need to. But I suppose you're really on about the vertical.

I need to buy lower power lamps (currently 50W as that's what came with the units, but thinking of 25-35W) for starters, I might even look into LED bulbs, but the light's meant to be a bit funny...

Looking forward to your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back