Help with Manrose Extractor Fan wiring

pjt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please could someone advise me on how to wire up my extractor fan.
I had a Vent Axia Wall mounted fan which stopped working.
I`ve bought a Manrose MG100T 12W Fan from Screwfix and tried to connect it up yesterday with Live and Neutral but I couldn't get it to work.

Its runs off a switch (next to the light switch)

I`m guessing I`ve wired it up wrong but I could`nt make sense of the instructions.
I don`t think I need the timer function of the fan? Is that correct if its controlled by the switch?

Sorry for my incompetence!

Attached is manual

Attachments

• 1-manrose-bathroom-extractor-fan-installation-guide-xf150p.pdf
    461.6 KB · Views: 1,447
Sponsored Links
The 'T' of MG100T shows that the fan incorporates a timer. For the timer to operate, it needs three connections:

fan.JPG

If at the moment there are only a 'switched live' and a 'neutral' that are presently going to the existing fan then they would connect to 'Neutral Supply' and 'Switched Live supply'. For the fan to work and to use the timer, you then also need a new 'Permanent Live Supply' installing to the third terminal.

If you just want to use the fan without the timer and not add additional wiring, connecting the existing live wire to both of the Live terminals (Permanent and Switched) should do the trick. However, in this case you would probably be better exchanging the fan for one that doesn't have a timer and only requires two wires connecting.

• Thanks
Reactions: pjt
The 'T' of MG100T shows that the fan incorporates a timer. For the timer to operate, it needs three connections:

View attachment 157756

If at the moment there are only a 'switched live' and a 'neutral' that are presently going to the existing fan then they would connect to 'Neutral Supply' and 'Switched Live supply'. For the fan to work and to use the timer, you then also need a new 'Permanent Live Supply' installing to the third terminal.

If you just want to use the fan without the timer and not add additional wiring, connecting the existing live wire to both of the Live terminals (Permanent and Switched) should do the trick. However, in this case you would probably be better exchanging the fan for one that doesn't have a timer and only requires two wires connecting.

Thank You.
When you say Connect existing live wire to both of the live terminals, how do i do that when i only have 1 live wire (Brown)?

Sponsored Links
The live wire goes into one of the live terminals and then an additional small wire link is required that joins the two live terminals together.

• Thanks
Reactions: pjt
The live wire goes into one of the live terminals and then an additional small wire link is required that joins the two live terminals together.

So to link them together I could use some spare electrical wire to link these together or do i have to buy something?

A piece of wire is what is normally used. The photo below isn't from a fan, but it shows a link between two 'live' terminals.

Capture.JPG

View attachment 157756

Hi, I know this post is old, however it seems quite similar (in some ways) to my issue - any help really appreciated.
I have a Manrose100H, which works on the Humidity and timer - i think it is wired correctly from the switch, however it seems to operate a bit backwards...
i.e. when light is on, the fan is off - when light is then switched off the fan kicks in, if timer potentiometer is turned up??
in all honesty the room isn't very humid, but i would have thought the fan should be coming on when the light is on, and then staying on a bit when the light is off?
I've checked the N, SL and L - they seem to be correct - but there must be some issue with the wiring
the fan isolator work correctly and cuts off all power
Any pointers, or known issues - if required please ask anything or if you want pics etc...
Thanks in advance

Need pix of your fan innards.

The potentiometer might not be for timer but humidity.

but i would have thought the fan should be coming on when the light is on, and then staying on a bit when the light is off?
Yes, plus of course, on whenever humid enough.

I've checked the N, SL and L - they seem to be correct - but there must be some issue with the wiring
Must be.

Pictures of the fan wiring and the other end connections of the fan cable - probably at the light or switch.

Yes, plus of course, on whenever humid enough.

Must be.

Pictures of the fan wiring and the other end connections of the fan cable - probably at the light or switch.
Thanks again -
I've attached photos - the junction box has 4 cables -> 2 from RHS - lighting radial, and switch; LHS to light; lower to fan via fan isolator.
The fan cable comes in from the bottom, from the isolator switch to the connection block.

Hope that's clear - if you need anything further please just comment - thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220701_210509.jpg
    20220701_210509.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 20220701_213955.jpg
    20220701_213955.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 277
Thanks again and in advance.

BTW, good annotations on the pic, dunno how you do that so here's it in words:

Cable 1 - power from radial
Red - A
Black - B
Yellow/green - D

Cable 2 - switch
Red - A
Black - C

Cable 3 - to light
Red - C
Yellow - D
Blue - B

Cable 4 - to fan
Brown - A
Black, sheethed brown - B
Grey sheethed blue - C
Green/yellow - D

The humidity sensor must work, as today when lights were off fan came on when steam was in room.

Cheers

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back