Help with my storage heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i have a creda 70213c storage heater in my living room but cannot find a manual anywhere to download. I understand that the input dial decides how much heat is stored overnight and the output dial decides how much is released but i need further help.
The right hand knob has numbers printed from 1-6 on the base however there are more numbers on the actual knob that you can twist around.
The left hand knob marked as output twists to off , normal, combi , and boost what do each of these mean. I want to make my usage as cheap as possible.
Please help me as its driving me nuts now lol

Sponsored Links
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will give you a full answer, but I'm guessing this unit has 2 connections to the mains supply. 1 foe the economy 7 and another for constant power.
The combi & boost functions will utilise peak rate electric to either drive a fan to increase the output taken from the night store of heat, or drive a fan & run electric elements off the peak supply. The latter will clock up the £.

so to use my storage heater only on economy seven i would only switch the economy seven wall switch on and leave it on normal and not boost or combi ?????

Sponsored Links
Yep! That should be your cheapest option. Running the fan (boost - I think) won't use a lot of peak rate electric, but over use might mean you run out of heat before your next load of night charge. Running the fan & the instant heat (combi - I think) will cost you a fair bit, although how much depends on your actual tariff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back