Help with Patio Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I currently have a 6x4 concrete base where my shed was and I would like to use this for my patio base. The patio is going to be 12x12 so I need to build up the area around it.

Surrounding the current base is grass/soil so I was going to use MOT Type 1 to build up the 3/4" I need to get to the level of the current concrete standing. My question is...

How do I do the edges? Will it not just keep spilling over? Obviously next to the base and in the middle it will be fine but as I get to the edges I cant get my head around how to do it for the MOT doesnt keep spilling out. Hope that makes sense!

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean that the MOT would be coming up above existing ground level at one or more edges? If so you'll obviously need a kerb or some sort of retaining edge.

To be honest unless your on a major slope its not normally a problem because if its currently grass or flower bed you'll need to excavate at least 6 inches of soft stuff anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back