Help with radiator pipe sleeves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Can someone explain this set up to me? The way I see it is that the central heating pipes are 10mm PVC run inside a black flexible sleeve underground. Then as they come up to go into the radiators they are fixed into a 90º bracket of sorts then a 15mm sleeve clips into that and covers the 10mm pipe. The 15mm conduit seemingly allows for the 15mm nut and olive to be fitted that connects to the radiator valve.

I dug up the floor a little as I needed to narrow the distance between pipes by 45mm to install a new towel rail and straight valves. That went OK but now I need to remove the white collars as the towel rail and valves are black. I have order snap-on black collars and sleeves but I first need to remove these collars.

Have I explained all that right? Probably not. Basically I'd like to remove the collar and sleeve and replace with back ones but I am confused about how the nut and olive are fixed and I'd like to know a bit more before I proceed. Bizarrely I changed these valves last year but didn't pay attention to sleeves or collar.

Attachments

• IMG_9463.jpeg
    IMG_9463.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back