Help with simple problem that I cannot resolve

as ajrobb said you always seem to get them with new taps.
but only get compression ones when buying the flexis on their own. :confused:

Sponsored Links
For me it is either a) plumber or b) not compression fittings. I do not possess the skill so it seems.
Okay, that's fair enough. I thought it worth asking just in case there were any assumptions were being made (perhaps wrongly) about what options were available to you.

Mathew

None of the shops I listed has it, how strange. I hope is not an indication that the connection is not recommended.

Leo

You will find if you go back to those shops and ask for a 12mm to 1/2 bsp tap connector they will have them!

2 reasons for not having what you asked for.

Plumbs and Grahams especially, have to find some stupid code and looking in the book they wouldn't have found your exact request - plus, some of the counter staff are daft!

The second is as you fear it is not a recommended connection. For reasons mentioned previously. Yes I have done it myself and yes it works.

Thanks to everyone for their tips and replies, much appreciated.
Andy, I sent you a separate note. Thanks a lot.
Leo

Sponsored Links
I've got about 6 of these, unused, taking up shelf space in my shed, you're welcome to any of them for beer tokens if you can wait a couple of days for the post.

Send me a PM.

RigidRaider thanks, I'll see if I can get ajrobb's who is local to me first, if not, I'll let you know. Thank you. Leo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back