HELP with soil pipe to WC connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Hi

Can you buy a straight length of 110mm soil pipe that does not have a 'ring seal' at the end?

Like this: Marley 2.5M Ring Seal Socket Pipe SP4025X Grey (Dia) 110mm x (L) 2.5m

Or do you have to buy the pipe with a ring seal and cut it off?

I ask because I need to connect a one metre straight length of 110mm diameter pipe
to an existing 110mm CUT PIPE (using a straight connector) - at the moment I have pushed
in one of those 'rubber fins 110mm end caps' while revamping the bathroom.

This was after having to cut away three 32mm waste pipes that were connected to it
(push fit straight into soil pipe).

This new pipe has to be connected to a 90o pan connector.

I haven't done this before - can I ask;

Should I leave the "ring seal" intact - if so, will the other end of the pan connector
fit in to the "ring seal" ?

Can I use washing up liquid for ease of fitting or do I need to
buy a silicone gel (or whatever it is)?

I know I would be able to sort this out if I had the pipe and fittings here - I'm asking
so I buy the correct bits in the first instance.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Its available without the socket.

If you don't need the socket/ring seal, cut it off, or use the other end of the pipe that doesn't have a socket on it.

I use WD40 on the seals, but I suppose washing up liquid or soap is OK.

Don’t use WD40 or washing-up liquids both over time degrade the rubbers in SVP sockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back