Help with soil pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I Have a soil stack and I would like to move it 2m to the right, however connecting underground will be a nightmare - is it possible to have a stack 2m to the right that run into the original assuming I am using the correct falls and connections? Would I be breaking regs?

Sponsored Links
I would say it will work but no clue on regs. I worked on a house the other day and the stack was like a water slide but worked fine.

Photo and sketch over where you want to move it to would help, also identifying all connections.

Often moving the stack is no the problem in itself - it's all the stuff connected to the stack.

Sponsored Links
Not sure exactly why you need to move the stack but the wet part of the svp should be vertical with no offsets.
The svp above the highest branch entry can have offsets ( usually around the eaves gutter ) ,and you can have a horizontal branch from a wc to the svp of course.

Soil pipes can have bends and branches wherever they need them. All one is required to do is ensure that there are means to clear blockages, should one need to.

Building Regulations approved document H1 - Discharge stacks , clause 1.27 states offsets in the 'wet' portion of the stack should be avoided.
It adds that if unavoidable then in buildings not more than 3 storeys there should be no branch connection within 750mm of the offset.

Approved document is mostly examples, i would say in the context of drainage bends should be avoided full stop, don't just put them there for fun! The no connections within 750 is because high speed poo will make a mess and fill up any adjacent branch connections if it's colliding with a 90 degree elbow.

Might have missed something but going back to the original question why is it necessary to move the soil stack 2m and have any of the replies helped ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back