help with stairs!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, after help from this site i tore down the old landing false ceiling and knocked out all the old loft hatch and have installed a new PVC hatch and plasterboarded all round it. The plaster allup the stairs and landing is cracked quite badly under the old wallpaper and i want to remove this and board up the walls to join my new ceiling i put up.
the walls are stone and quite uneven - the right hand wall up the stairs moved about 5" when the house subsided slightly many years ago. each wall in itself is uneven with the stonework being about 100years old. what is the best way to do it?

Is i to dot and dab the walls with thicker dabs in the deeper hollows or what? are the boards ok to just start on top of the wooden moulding/skirting that goes up the edge of your stairs? any advice will be great..thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back