Help with tap tail fitting size's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have fitted a new monobloc tap to my new sink.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/single-l...ck/6480t#product_additional_details_container

My hot water pressure is pretty poor and I see the flexi tails that were supplied have only a 6mm bore. Fine for the cold mains with plenty pressure but not the hot. I want a flexi tail with a bigger bore.

The package says:
Supplied with Flexible Hose. Hose Dia x Bore x L: 10mm x 6 x 360mm
Tap, 2 x ½" BSP female flexible braided hose with built-in pre-filters and fixings.

None of the 1/2" x 15mm tails I see on the internet have the right fitting. Only the 10mm x 15mm ones look the same.

What size do I need?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
None of the 1/2" x 15mm tails I see on the internet have the right fitting. Only the 10mm x 15mm ones look the same

You need a 10 mm x 15mm flexible connector (assuming the spec is accurate and it's not an obscure thread)

Many imported unbranded taps require hot & cold water supplies at balanced mains water pressure,does your tap come with instructions ? worth checking before buying different tails :idea:

Sponsored Links
Extracts from product spec.

"Not Suitable for Gravity-Fed Systems"
"Suitable for High Pressure Systems"
"Minimum Pressure 0.6 bar"

If your hot water supply is gravity fed ,and under less pressure than 0.6 bar then the flow at the hot tap will be dire ,changing the flexi hose for one with a larger bore will not make any noticeable difference.

So inline pump or new tap?

My hot water comes from storage tank in cupboard on same level as kitchen.

Is it gravity fed then?

If I have understood your original post correctly ,you have already fitted the tap and hot water flow is very poor ,so you no doubt have a gravity fed hot water set up. If you want to increase pressure to ALL hot taps fit a pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back